The walking possibilities are endless for walkers of all ages and abilities; there are great walks immediately around the Chalet and others only a short drive away such as the 2hr accent of Lac Blue.
Guides for local walks in each valley can be accessed by arranging with the local tourist information office. Maps are available from a number of shops in Bagneres-de-Bigorre and also at the tourist information found in the motorway service stations. You can also ask at any of the Valleys tourist information offices for more local advice on routes.
A few example of local walks include;
• Walk to the beautiful Lac Blu, roughly a 4hr walk in the Lesponee Valley
• The valleys above Lourdes have some 90km of marked walks for all abilities
• Walking at Payolle and around the stunning lake
• Fantastic scenic walks at the UNSECO Cirque de Gavarnie, this is well worth the walk with a restaurant and stunning views at the top
• The Parc National Pyrenees has endless opportunities for walking, especially for those wanting to get further off the beaten track and those wanting to embrace the fantastic wildlife spotting opportunities the area has to offer
• Pont d’Espagne, only a 1 hr drive to the Cauterets Valley and has many beautiful walks with stunning views.
• Many of the locations listed in the Places of Interest section also have extensive walking opportunities.